Don't hesitate to post your questions / problems in the "help" rubric or contact us by mail email@example.com
I could activate the connection with my dometicz, but I could not activate the skill in Alexa. When I click on activation I only will be transferred to the Alhau site and my active connection will be displayed. But the skill isn't activated in Alexa.
Thank you for using ou skill.
To be sure could you confirm us the "activation process" :
1. You created an account on alhau, filled your domoticz connection and got the "Connection is ok" confirmation (seems good in your message)
2. You downloaded the "Alexa mobile app" on your phone and chose the "Alhau" skill
3. You clicked on "activate" then you were re-directed to Alhau website
4. You used your Alhau credentials to log in
5. You were re-directed to Alexa and the "Skill is activated" message is displayed.
If I have properly understood your message, you didn't manage to reach step 5.
If you did all the process like described, could you send us the "error message" ?
Did you try several times? (Alexa wait for a login answer for a limited time and sometimes our server is a bit too long to answer).
From which country are you trying to connect your Domoticz server?
You can also send us an email your Login/Password and URL to access to your Domoticz server (only read access for security reason) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
It would help us to do some tests and check in our server what happens.
thank you for your fast response. I get it working with your hints. I solved my problem as I describe:
1. I tried to activate with my Safari browser on my MacBook. After trying to install the skill with my Smartphone, the installation works fine.
2. My second problem was, that Alexa did not find my Domoticz equipment. The problem was, that I only had IPV6 connection from the outside world. I need to use a IPV4 to IPV6 Portmapper, some Alexa libraries do not support IPV6. After I changed this and reconnected the Skill Alexa was able to find my equipment.
Thank for your work with this skill.
One last problem is, that Alexa recognizes my blinds as lights, so I can open and close them, but I could not stop them in the middle. And because I do not speak france, its hard to use the forum and the plattform, because everything is in france language.
We are happy you manage to solve your problems.
1. We ll check the issue on Safari (maybe our website is bugged on it but Alexa test team validate the login process).
2. Concerning the connection with your Domoticz server, Alexa never access directly to it.
Alexa only talk to Alhau and Alhau talk to your server and Alexa (you ca see it as a bridge).
But Alhau is hosted by AWS and the version of the software which run Alhau is forced by AWS.
So the IPV6 pb is probably due to AWS limitation of software configuration.
We ll do some tests, if the problem is on the software side we would be able to fix it.
Concerning the "lights" it's an Alexa limitation.
Alexa do not support blinds, so Alhau convert them to lights.
You can use percentage to set the blind to a position :
- "Alexa set <device name> to 50%" => will set the blind at the middle of it's position.
If you are using a venitian blind and you want to move slates to the middle, we had a special function to stop the slats:
Tells Alexa to open or close the blind and ask alexa to set the blind to 50%. If the blind is a venitian (and only for this type), Alhau will send a "stop" command, and your slats will stop moving.
We don't have better choices for now for venitian blinds because they are not supported by Alexa.
We are sorry for the lack of multilingual support, we are a little team and it takes time to write documentation, fix bugs and work on others projects ;)
Thank you for your feedbacks and keep us informed about your blinds problems.